Today January 9 marks 10 years since the first unvieling of the iPhone by Apple’s founder Steve Jobs.
It would be recalled then, Jobs was quoted as saying that the iPhone was a “revolutionary mobile phone”. Well, i think it has lived up to expectations.
Well, it certainly has been a profitable move for the company as over 1billion units of the phone has been sold worldwide within this period. In the US, the iPhone holds the largest share of the smartphone market. As of late 2015, the iPhone had a 43.6% market share. The company can beat its chest to say that the iPhone has “quickly grew into a revolutionary platform for hardware, software and services integration, and inspired new products, including iPad and Apple Watch, along with millions of apps that have become essential to people’s daily lives”.
This anniversary celebration would have been incomplete without the usual hype of its products and services. According to company, the iPhone boast of several innovative industry-leader features. Specifically, the iPhone 7 range, boasts of the following features;
- A 12-megapixel lens, optical image stabilization, an f/1.8 aperture that captures 50 percent more light as well as wide color capture, while iPhone 7 Plus also offers a dual-lens camera with Portrait mode and up to 2X optical zoom.
- The A10 Fusion chip acclaimed to be the most powerful chip ever in a smartphone, with processing performance 120 times faster and the graphics performance 240 times faster in iPhone 7 than the original iPhone.
- Stereo speakers provide amazing and immersive sound that is two times louder than iPhone 6s, with increased dynamic range of sound and a higher-quality speakerphone.
- An entirely reengineered enclosure resulting in the first water-resistant iPhone that offers protection against spills, splashes and dust like never before.
- The brightest, most colorful Retina HD display ever in an iPhone, with a wide color gamut for cinema-standard colors, greater color saturation and the best color management in the smartphone industry.
Before you are quick to say the iPhone has been a success, hear what Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing said. He said “iPhone has become all of these things and more. And I believe we are just getting started”.
Technicollit celebrates the iPhone today!
Let’s hear your views and comments. Has the iPhone actually lived up to expectations?
iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. These range of phones runs on Apple’s iOS. Apple has released ten generations of iPhone models with each having a suffix that particular generation. These generations have also been accompanied by one of the ten major releases of its iOS operating system. The first generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007; the most recent iPhone model is the iPhone 7, which was unveiled at a special event on September 7, 2016.