An “Interim patch” patch has finally been announced for Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam which will be available for those who already own the game will fix and improve the following issues:
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations
- with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs
We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.
Batman: Arkham Knight is a 2015 action-adventure video game based on the DC Comics superhero, developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros for recent gen game consoles (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) and Microsoft Windows. The game was released worldwide on June 23, 2015.
The console versions received high praise even from reviewers, the Windows version, however, was highly criticized due to major performance issues, even on high-end graphics hardware, Warner Bros. however due to this were forced to temporarily withdraw the PC version from sale.
Been playing it for hours, the game has highly improved compared to before, though the game still has a lot of stutter for example when calling the Batmobile and other lag issues. Clearly a lot of improvements still needs to be done on Batman: Arkham Knight. We don’t know yet if with this patch will put the game back on sale (I hope not, work still needs to be done), existing owners though can have a better gameplay experience.