Earlier on, From Software confirmed that Dark Souls 3 is going to receive a new update in the future. Today, the Japanese video game company has confirmed precisely when the new update will be released and also added when server maintenance will take place.
According to FromSoftware, depending on the region and format the Dark Souls 3 1.04 update will be released between later today and tomorrow, April 28th. Also shortly before the update is launched, there will be sever maintenance. PlayStation 4 servers will be unavailable for 2 hours, that’s from April 27th 6:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM EDT / April 28th 1:00 AM UTC, Xbox One for 6 hours from April 27th 6:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM EDT / April 28th 1:00 AM UTC and PC for 2 hours from April 28th 1:00 AM PDT / 4:00 AM EDT / April 28th 4:00 AM UTC.
Here are details of the new update and patch notes;
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.
As you can see the update included lots of bug fixes and also added gameplay tweaks making the game more appealing. Dark Souls 3 is on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC gamer? Here are Dark Souls 3 PC requirements.
Dark Souls is a third-person action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware. It was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and published by Namco Bandai Games internationally. A spiritual successor to FromSoftware’s Demon’s Souls and the second installment of the Souls series, Dark Souls began development under the working title of Project Dark. The game was released in Japan on September 22, 2011, and in North America, Australia, and Europe the following month. In August 2012, the “Prepare to Die” edition of Dark Souls was released for PC, featuring additional content previously unavailable to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users. On October 23, 2012, the additional content from the PC version was released as downloadable content for consoles under the title Artorias of the Abyss. Dark Souls takes place in the fictional kingdom of Lordran. Players assume the role of a cursed undead character who has been chosen to make a pilgrimage out of the Undead Asylum to discover the fate of the Undead.